Making Resources for ECD and Grade R
Macmillan South Africa
Let your child learn through play A step-by-step guide for teachers, parents and caregivers showing how to make low-cost resources and how to use these resources in various learning situations
- A list of all the materials you will need to make each resource.
- Step-by-step instructions on how to make each resource
- There are a number of suggested activities illustrating how the resources can be put to good use.
- The ‘Skills’ section lists the various skills to be practised during the given activities. The importance or benefits of practising these skills are also often discussed.
- The ‘Did you know?’ section presents important and interesting facts about various activities or skills included in the book.
- There are occasional ‘Tips’ throughout the book. These give practical suggestions related to the resources or activities.
- The ‘Go Green!’ box provides information about environmental awareness and gives suggestions on how to be proactive in terms of conservation. These sections recommend simple actions that even children can follow to care for our world.