Maths Gaps - A Foundation Phase Intervention programme
The Maths Gaps series is designed to help Foundation Phase learners to overcome the areas that they struggle with in Maths as soon as possible so that the problems don’t continue in later years. It also helps learners to develop a sound mathematical understanding in the early years.
The Maths Gaps series is a useful practice and intervention tool that can be used in the classroom and at home by teachers and parents. Each of the five books in this series:
• is CAPS compliant
• covers content from Grades 1 to 3
• deals with one main problem area in Mathematics, commonly identified by diagnostic tests and Maths experts
• is independent of the others, but also supports the others
• has an extensive ‘How to use this book’ section at the front of the book
• is an activity book with lots of practice activities per section
• has a simple clear structure that makes the books easy to work through, from beginning to end
• provides answers to check if the work is being done correctly
• has a word list, translated into six other languages, that makes the books suitable for use in multilingual classes and homes
• has assessments at the end of each grade and an overall assessment at the end of the phase.